Vision for Unifying Orthopedics
A vision for collaboration and consistent adoption of evidence-based best practices and innovation unifies orthopedics across all providers affiliated with Sentara. We deliver orthopedic services across the continuum of care and consistently achieve excellent outcomes marked by:
Some of our 2014-2015 orthopedic achievements include:
- The Sentara Orthopedic High Performance Team (HPT) launched, with 19 orthopedic surgeons and 31 leaders from all Sentara hospitals continuously improving the care we offer to our orthopedic patients and their families.
- The Sentara 2014 CEO Award recognized joint replacement centers at Sentara with the highest award for quality and innovation in Sentara.
- Orthopedic and Spine Task Force Teams, with 28 surgeons and 10 service line leaders, provided a systematic approach focused on innovation, standardization, quality and capital acquisitions. The results have been dramatic, saving more than $1 million in 2014 alone.
- Orthopedic Service Line Teams implemented our orthopedic vision, by monitoring and evaluating care at each Sentara hospital, then coming together as a group to share ideas and make improvements.
- Orthopedics grew across all regions of Sentara.
- Two new programs, Sentara Back & Neck Center and Sentara Foot & Ankle Center, opened in 2014. Four additional Sentara Back & Neck Centers started development in 2015, with one opening in October 2015 and three others opening in early 2016.
- The Express Track Option debuted at four Sentara OrthoJoint Center® locations, offering patients surgery in the morning and the chance to recover at home the next day.
- An additional Sentara OrthoJoint Center® began development in one of our rural markets.
- Holistic care became even more important to us, with a continued shift from focusing on each service a patient uses to enhancing and maintaining their overall health. This partnership not only improves care but also puts us on firm footing amid industry changes.
As we continue implementing our new strategic plan, it’s important to celebrate and share our accomplishments. We commend our superb care teams for their commitment to excellence. And we thank our patients for trusting us to care for them.
Joint replacement patients recognize the innovative techniques and excellent outcomes and seek their care in our local community.